Relisys Monitors

cycoze 00:49 24 Dec 03

I purchased two Relisys monitors this time last year a 17" and a 19" , the 17" has been trouble free and gives good daily service.

The 19" however has been replaced three times , the first one went back after one week , it was extremely hot and had a dark shadow over a quarter of the screen .

I was impressed with the next day delivery of a new Monitor , this one lasted till October when the screen decided to diminish in size , again i was impressed with the next day delivery of a recon replacement .

Well this weekend the replacement decided to go belly up on me , so i rang Relisys Monday afternoon to be told a replacement would be sent out for Tuesday (i really thought i would have to wait until the new Year)so joy of joy`s it came .

I finally got around to installing tonight , booted up the system , adjusted the Monitor settings , hooked up to the net , read a few emails and click off went the Monitor :o( dead as a DoDo .

Am i just unlucky ? as i said the 17" has been no bother , could it be the larger size`s are just not very good ?

The computer that the first three have been on runs perfectly well , its had another Monitor on it the past couple of days no problems , i put this latest monitor on to another machine .

I realise these are budget monitors , but it is getting annoying now , this company have been very good replacing these Monitors quickly but i wonder if there is a problem with them .

cycoze 01:03 24 Dec 03

Re the above i was meaning to say a bad batch , the first , third and fourth monitors are all the same batch #`s R5******** the second monitor which lasted 10 months was of a different batch RY********.

Stuartli 09:30 24 Dec 03
  cycoze 11:40 24 Dec 03

Thanks for those links Stuartli .

I phoned Relisys this morning and spoke to a very polite Gentleman , i asked him about the batch , and was told that he was unaware of any problems with any particular batch , he understood my frustration and said he would have a replacement sent out from a newer batch .

I really cannot fault this company for their customer service and speed of delivery , its excellent , i just need a bit more product reliability.

Well i will have to wait until next Tuesday for delivery as the next despatch date is Monday , Christmas interferes with everything ! seriously though i am perfectly happy with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…