Reliable suppliers good service

north pole 10:43 06 Jun 03

Sorry if you came here looking for the answer so am I!
Reading virtually any of the threads (before I purchase my new computer) I was horrified at the number of bad press items about most of the suppliers that I might have bought from.
We all know that complainers are far more likely to write to this type of system than those who were given good equipment and good follow up service so the impression may be totally misleading.
So the question is who would you recommend as a good quality supplier with good follow up service.
Is there anyone?
Max

tinpony 10:52 06 Jun 03

still looking and i am in my 50's not long to go now lol

pj123 13:39 08 Jun 03

do you want to try this site: click here not let me down yet.

north pole 14:08 08 Jun 03

Thanks I will investigate

Joe McG 14:16 08 Jun 03

nother highly rated supplier.

click here

Joe McG 14:16 08 Jun 03

That shoud be " Another "

north pole 14:25 08 Jun 03

Thanks I will add them to the list. I expect it will get quite long by the time we finish.
It is interesting to look at the terms and conditions of most suppliers they are heavily biased in their favour.Surprise surprise.

the buck 14:47 08 Jun 03

Had the same problem 3 weeks ago,almost put my money away...but took a deep breath and went for a custom build Mesh.....suprise suprise....they took my money when they said they would...machine arrived the day they said it would...and it works !! havent had to try support yet but up to now..well done Mesh.

north pole 14:52 08 Jun 03

I hope you are not their managing director!

north pole 14:56 08 Jun 03

I wonder whether anyone from the Advertising Standards Authority or OFT ever read these threads.
I cannot believe that the T&C dosuments can be construed as fair to both parties and the advertising claims of "we care about our customers " seem somewhat hollow judging by some of the experiences listed.

Totally-braindead 15:09 08 Jun 03

I've found various suppliers to be "good" bearing in mind its only my opinion. To me the definition of "good" with reference to PC goods is which suppliers sort out problems with the minimal of hassle in the shortest period of time. These are the ones I still deal with - Dabs, Novatech, Watford and EasyEtrader. I've had problems with all of them at one time or another but in my experience anyway they've sorted out the problems reasonably quickly and to my satisfaction. Some suppliers are a nightmare to deal with if things go wrong such as wrong item sent or item faulty on receipt, the best example of this is Ebuyer, what a nightmare it is trying to send anything back and as for contacting them, forget it a tortoise would be quicker. This is of course my opinion based on my experience and I'm sure many people will disagree with me. If you find the perfect company who always send the correct item when they say, at the price they say and the item works perfectely let me know I'd be very interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…