Reimbursement to Credit Card

phoenix198 14:10 14 Sep 06

I recently had cause to cancel an order for a new PC within the stipulated period for a 'distance sale'. The vendor (no names, no pack drills - yet!) acknowledged my cancellation.

Can anyone tell me what the maximum allowable period is between cancellation of an order and reimbursement by the vendor to the would-be buyer's credit card?

Thanks in advance

1minute 14:21 14 Sep 06

30 Days max

phoenix198 14:24 14 Sep 06

Thanks - I take it that is 30 calendar days, rather than thirty business days?

phoenix198 19:31 17 Sep 06

Found answer to last query elsewhere; its thirty calendar days.

'Times up' for the vendor on 20 October after which it's a case of dispute process through my credit card, and naming and shaming of the vendor through these forums.

Mind you, there's a pretty good chance that people have guessed their identity already ...

Stuartli 22:36 17 Sep 06

Did you cancel the system before you received it or after?

Nothing to do with the time scale involved, just curiosity.

phoenix198 22:42 17 Sep 06

Before, in fact only four days after had ordered it - my circumstances changed at very short notice.

I'll have no use whatsoever for a personal computer where I'm going to be for the next six months, not to mention the small problem of baggage allowance ....

Stuartli 23:42 17 Sep 06

Then why do you apparently seem convinced that you won't get your money back i.e. (no names, no pack drills - yet!) plus "'Times up' for the vendor on 20 October after which it's a case of dispute process through my credit card, and naming and shaming of the vendor through these forums."?

Forum Editor 23:59 17 Sep 06

why do you seem almost convinced that your card account won't be credited within the alloted time?

Wait and see, and if things go wrong then you can decide what to do. In the meantime we're not playing host to guessing games about suppliers - particularly when there's nothing untoward to report.

beynac 09:40 18 Sep 06

If 'Times up' on 20th October, you presumably haven't cancelled yet! Thirty days from today is the 18th October.

phoenix198 18:03 18 Sep 06

Typo - should have read 20 September, based on the 30 day period starting from date of acknowledgement of my cancellation (22 August).

phoenix198 18:21 18 Sep 06

Why do I seem convinced that my card account won't be credited within the alloted time? I'm not. I'm just not optimistic either, given that the company concerned (Mesh, if you must know) has failed to respond at all to four enquiry e-mails to its sales and services departments, with the exception of an automated out of office reply from Service stating:

"All emails will be responded to in received order and due to increased interest this may lead to a delay of 3-5 working days before you receive a response".

"... increased interest ... " - Peculiar choice of words from a customers services department!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now