With regret

Forum Editor 18:45 07 Jan 03
  Forum Editor 18:45 07 Jan 03

I have to inform you that we have decided to close the Gamesroom. We had high hopes for it when we first launched, but unfortunately these haven't become a reality. There just haven't been enough people viewing or posting in that area of the forum, and after a considerable amount of soul searching we have decided to discontinue the Gamesroom with immediate effect. It had become a drain on our resources, and we have decided to focus on the very successful Helproom and Consumerwatch areas.

Our thanks to those of you who did their best to make it work - we hope you'll stay with the forum in other areas.

fitfella29 18:48 07 Jan 03

sad,very sad.....

Sir Radfordin™ 19:07 07 Jan 03

ouch!

Waldoc85 19:40 07 Jan 03

Will be sorely missed !!

Tankus 19:42 07 Jan 03

ho hum

ams4127 20:12 07 Jan 03

Well there's a thing....! And such a surprise too.

anchor 20:18 07 Jan 03

I appreciate that many will miss it, but personally I have never even visited it.

Perhaps I am odd, but I don`t use my PC for games. Lots of other things to do.

maby66 21:01 07 Jan 03

ummm gosh
speechless

TOPCAT® 21:46 07 Jan 03

... a dedicated forum for dial-up, broadband and general Internet problems then. Would help lighten the Helproom loading I reckon. TC.

Excellent idea!

Although we have helproom and consumer watch, (the latter being more subject specific) ANY hardware, software, internet problems all get posted to the same Room!

Posts get "drowned" and those trying to help have to wade through loads of posts to find ones they can assist with.

Any filtering would greatly assist as the number of posts and the content would not decrease - just be easier to find!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…