registering or activating software....

simongy 21:30 27 Dec 03

If I buy a second hand pc, does the microsoft software need re-registering? How is software activated if you are not connected to the internet.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Jester2K 23:06 27 Dec 03

1) You don't need to re-activate.

2) Its done by phone if you ever do need to (ie install loads of new hardware, reinstall Windows XP etc)... click here

josie mayhem 23:13 27 Dec 03

Has I'm sure that you are aware that there are two types of liecence methords, OME can only be used on the machine it came with.

And a full version that you can use on different machines as long as you've have only got it loaded onto one machine at any one time.

If the computer has been activated by the last owner then it will work with out any activating/restering changes.

But if they haven't given you any of the licence details restore/full version disks ect, you will not be able to reactivate if anything goes wrong and need to reinstall.

So if you buy then insure that they give you all the paperwork and disks for xp, insuring that it's the oridginal copies.

If not then its better to buy your own copy of xp, which you can then restiger if things go wrong. If you already got a copy of another windows OS, then a xphome up-grade disk will set you back about £70 quid I think.

I hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…