Refurbished laptops from PC world ?

Ally11 18:27 07 Apr 09

Has anyone had any experience in buying a refurbished laptop from PC World. They're selling the Acer 6920 or a 7720 at a good price which I can afford but I'm worried I might end up buying a headache to save £150 ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Woolwell 19:21 07 Apr 09

Bought one with no problems so far. But I checked it over very thoroughly and I am not sure I got a good deal as I think I could have got the same model at a very similar price elsewhere and brand new. You need to confirm that it is really a good deal.

Woolwell 19:22 07 Apr 09

I bought an Acer but not the models that you are looking at.

AL47 20:58 07 Apr 09

not with pc world but i have always bought referbs

my iphone i got off ebay from the US, been going more than a year and a half

Stuartli 22:22 07 Apr 09

A more reliable source:

click here

gazzaho 15:15 08 Apr 09

Can't comment on their refurbished laptops but PC World tried to sell me a reconditioned Samsung HD TV a few years back for the same price as a new one! After that episode I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw one of their outlet stores.

£150 cheaper doesn't sound like a very good deal for a reconditioned machine to me, considering you don't know what trouble it had to start with. I would think the thing with reconditioned items is to buy as cheap as possible, that way if you do get a dud the monetary loss is lessened, in the end you pay and take your chances.

wiz-king 16:04 08 Apr 09

Another source of factory refurbs or end of line. click here

Ally11 15:41 10 Apr 09

Hi AL47
Thanks that's interesting
Re your iPhone ? How did you get it working without having to use the expensive O2 tariff ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009