//some 3rd party need geo

refurbished computer equipment

hatrickj 20:18 08 Dec 03

What are members experiences? Does such equipment represent good value generally and have you specific views of particular items? Thanks.

wee eddie 22:40 08 Dec 03

Dell have a site devoted to this.

My office PC is a refurbished IBM Aptiva K500. I've had it for more than three years and with just a little extra memory, it's quite adequate for all the office tasks I fling at it.

bfoc 23:05 08 Dec 03

I bought a very cheap refurbished Toshiba laptop from Morgan's auction siteclick here

It cost only about £200.

It still works, although it's battery packed up after 2-3 years, and was in regular use until my daughter went off to Uni in the autumn!

Was it worth it? Certainly!

Gaz 25 23:10 08 Dec 03

Considering new ones are cheap these days... Why not get a new one?

But anyway, I have used SH in the past and it has been reliable, long as you buy from a decent company.

spuds 23:15 08 Dec 03

Places like Morgan's sell a number of reburbished products,usually direct from the manufacturers, most have a 12 month warranty supplied.

When you buy any refurbished product, always check the warranty.Some cover the item for 30 days and others possibly upto a year.Also check what the warranty actually states.

Buying a refurb can have its good points as well as the bad buy syndrome.You just have to take the risk, a new fitted component could put a strain on an old component, but if the product is correctly tested by knowledgable people, then you should be okay.And as I have previously stated, get some form of guarantee.

Stuartli 09:11 10 Dec 03

Try click here which sells a wide range of computer related products.

My son acquired a 21in Dell monitor for just over £100 including delivery from the company.

But if you do order, be warned that the firm makes very thorough security checks (partially because it also does extensive business sales by the pallet load) before despatching your first order.

In seven years of ordering via the net it's the first online retailer I've come across that goes to such lengths; however it's in both yours and the firm's interest in the long run.

Don't forget the excitement of buying secondhand/refurbished computers.The hard drive may still contain government secrets on it :)

Iwasaki 12:44 10 Dec 03

ELECTRON99 :-)) Lmfao

AndySD 14:19 10 Dec 03

I needed a replacement laser printerbut only had a small budget at the time. I went to click here and got a laserjet 5n for £120.... so far it been a well worthwhile buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…