Refund policy on DOA systems - Savastore

islandstate 01:28 21 Mar 06

Hey all

Against my better judgement (after reading posts on here) I purchased a base unit from Savastore, and it kept switching itself off. After trying to get through to support after a few days, I finally got through to customer support and told the girl I wanted to return the system and get a full refund. This was fine, and was able to track my refund on their website. Finally after about two weeks, the refund came through.

BUT they only refunded the base unit price - not the delivery which was almost £60. Their terms and conditions state that on DOA systems (as mine was classed as) the refund will include delivery. I did order an additional keyboard and mouse as the unit did not come with one, and this was part of the initial delivery. Surely they are not refunding delivery because of a £10 keyboard and mouse set??

I have emailed them, but since it has taken three weeks to get this far (and this will probably takes ages to resolve), would like to know where I stand, as being almost £60 out of pocket is not very nice!

On the plus side, I did get an email from PC support the other day asking if i was still having problems with my system, well they should know since they have had the unit for about two weeks!!

If I haven't heard from Savastore during the week, I'll probably refer this to my credit card company.

Thank you in advance for any help!

961 09:15 21 Mar 06

If you paid by credit card refer complaint to credit card company without further delay

spuds 11:02 21 Mar 06

Get in touch with your credit card company, and ask them to assist under section 75 (equal liabilty) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.And do it with a fast approach, the longer the delay, the worse the situation may turn out.

Reading other peoples experiences with Savastore, you may have a long wait for an agreeable settlement from them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…