REFILLING COLOUR LASER TONER CARTS

jack 09:40 16 Dec 08

and any other experiences please.

As photo printing is no longer a prerequisite I have decided to abandon ink jet and move over to one or other of the budget colour laser printers.

So in time I guess a replacement/recharge of toner will loom so any comments/tales of caution would be appreciated.

€dstowe 14:24 16 Dec 08

The details of refilling will vary from brand to brand and with the models within a brand.

As a generality, remember that laser toner is an EXTREMELY fine powder and blows away in the slightest draught. Be very careful about contamination of surfaces, particularly on and around the cartridges. Contamination between different colours, especially black, into the others can be devastating.

As a thought, only refill one colour at a time and give a day or so for the dust to settle before attempting another.

jack 17:30 16 Dec 08

Will keep this open a while

wiz-king 06:08 17 Dec 08

I have filled black cartridges for my printer several times and have found that if the empty cartridge is gently stood on top of the bottle of toner and the the two gently inverted allowing the toner to tip into the cart ride slowly most of the escaping air and fine dust will go up into the bottle and not all over the room, It can be a messy job if you are not careful. Wear gloves and a dust mask, dont wear your best white suit!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…