redstore.com

redone 09:51 05 Jun 04

my mate bought Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OEM for 58 quid a couple of weeks ago from redstore.com with some other items, but the windows XP cd would not boot or install, it would not do anything, so he contacted redstore for an rma number to return the windows cd, which he has done. Having got back from holiday yesterday (Fri 4th) he has a e-mail from redstore saying that the cd is damaged and that they did NOT sell him the windows cd, he has the itemised receipt.So what to do next? Report it to Microsoft in case it's a copy or consentrate on getting his money back? or both? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

spuds 12:03 05 Jun 04

I don't think Microsoft are going to be interested at this stage, unless of course it is a dodgy copy of one of their products. I would suggest that a visit or phone call to your local trading standards may help.

Ebuyer are selling XP Home Oem with SP1 for about £66.00

Forum Editor 11:02 06 Jun 04

I've received an email from your friend about this, and I'm wondering why he/she couldn't have posted his/her own thread about it?

I have no knowledge of redstore.com (good or bad) but on the face of it there's something not quite right. I suggest that your friend writes to the company secretary of redstore at:

Redstore.com ltd
Suite 11
59-A Palmerston Road
Wealdstone
Harrow
Middlesex HA3 7RR

By special delivery (NOT recorded delivery) stating that unless they acknowledge their liability for the faulty Windows CD he/she will be referring the matter to the local Trading standards office for further action. It's ludicrous that a company should attempt to state that it didn't supply the goods if your friend has a detailed receipt and/or a credit card statement showing a payment to the company.

There's not a lot of point on reporting anything to Microsoft at this stage, because frankly there's nothing to report - if the CD is faulty it's faulty, and should be replaced with a working copy. Concentrate on that for the time being.

redone 11:45 06 Jun 04

the fact that redstore have behaved this way, to me, is an admission of guilt, as you say, there is, something going on, why not just replace the disc with a new one? this friend of mine has been using computers for 10 or 12 years and there is no way that disc was damaged when redstore got it back, so unless there is something dodgy, why respond in this way?
I have passed on this advice!

ukdrifteruk 23:51 06 Jun 04

This issue will not be resolved until I get my cash back or a replacement working disc.What I do not understand is if the disc is not the one they sent me, what are they inferring?,That I sent back a different disc?.I again say that I can assure you that that disc came to me from Redstore.com.Anyway I have wrote as you advised and will have to wait to see what occurs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos