Recording Videos onto DVD

thegreypanther 15:49 27 Aug 05

Recently there was an advert for the Daewoo DF8150P DVD/VCR recorder which claimed that it was "virually the only one of its type". I am keen to transfer my old videos on to DVD. Can anybody suggest the best way of doing this? Are there less expensive devices than the Daewoo 8150P recorder? Is it sensible to think of connecting a cheap VCR to my PC, and recording using my PC's DVD recorder? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Diodorus Siculus 16:00 27 Aug 05

Get a tv card for the PC and you can plug your VCR into it (instead of the aerial); then use the reocord function and burn to DVD.

pj123 16:01 27 Aug 05

Run through some of these previous threads.

click here

RiverQuai 14:20 29 Aug 05

I have found that using a TV capture card to record VCR's to a DVD IS possible, but it is fiddly, time consuming etc. I have used instead a LiteOn DVD recorder obtained (eventually) from ebuyer - (but I would suggest trying elsewhere as ebuyer are a pain when things go wrong - which is quite often) I paid about £114 for it. I record onto DVD+RW disks. The menues created on this are pretty basic but I then use ULead DVD factory 4 to re-edit the menus etc. and record to DVD+R disk. I have had good results this way and it seems to work out much quicker that trying to use a apture card. The latter often has to re-convert the captured viseo or sometimes loses the sound track etc. (I have been trying to use an ATI All in Wonder Pro.
If you have a lot of videos to do I would suggest the LiteOne route.

thegreypanther 14:50 29 Aug 05

Many thanks for all the advice. One thing I am now quite clear on is that a) a TV capture card isn't too good an idea, and b) the Daewoo DVD/VCR recorder is possibly a bit over the top. Simply connecting a video player to a DVD recorder is my way ahead.

spuds 19:23 30 Aug 05

Help from HP click here The lastest Lite-On VHS/DVD gizmo click here

GroupFC 21:35 01 Sep 05

The lite-On gizmo looks interesting any idea where to get one!?

spuds 11:35 02 Sep 05

GroupFC-- The unit will only be available in the USA,with the possibility that the UK will have supplies possibly later this year, early next year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…