Recorded TV Editor

HenryVII 17:25 12 Jan 11

I record TV programs on my PC with a tuner card and Windows Media Centre. I would like software that lets me edit the recordings (to get the accursed ads out) and burn them to DVD for use on a standard DVD player.

I have Nero 8, which I use for putting photos on DVD and which I have used to edit recordings from a Panasonic DVD recorder, but it's a pain getting the Media Centre recordings into a format that Nero can handle.

Anyone got a nice, straightforward solution, please?

john bunyan 17:29 12 Jan 11

I gave up and bought a DVD recorder, but I think this is a good place to start:
click here

john bunyan 17:33 12 Jan 11

I do not know why recorded TV on a PC is such a pain. I used to use a Roxio product. With a DVD recorder editing out the ads is reasonably straightforward. A lot of folk have reccomended the above and I would be interested if you try it

Terry Brown 20:51 12 Jan 11

I use VIDEOREDO, which is fast and very good. Not a free program, but to me well worth the cost.There is a free (Unrestricted) trial so you can try it out.
Terry
click here

john bunyan 16:26 13 Jan 11

Terry Brown mentions the same programme as I did - have you looked at it?

HenryVII 17:26 13 Jan 11

Yes, I tried it and it looked very good but every so often Windows said it had stopped working and a solution was being sought (I've never found Windows comes up with a solution to anything, though), so I uninstalled it.

It may be something to do with my set up, but everything else works.

I can use Nero, but I end up with the sound track out of sync, which seems to be something to do with the Windows Media Center formats, since I used to edit VOB files with no problems. I no longer have that DVD recorder, though.

Terry Brown 17:39 13 Jan 11

HenryVII

I have been using Videoredo plus for approx 3 years now, and I have never had the slightest bit of trouble with it.

I started with Videoredo 2-5-6-512b and am now on 3-10-3-609b.

Regular updates at no extra cost to me, even the Version update.

Was you using the trial versions, and the expiry date had passed?,if not, could you post either the error message recieved or details of your operating system, and I will try to find out more for you.

Terry

HenryVII 18:37 13 Jan 11

What I'm going to do, Terry, is try out the version you're using. The version I tried today was TV Suite.

I'll be back.

HenryVII 20:47 13 Jan 11

I've tried this several times on different recording, and although I like the editing style, I end up with an "Audio Ring Buffer Error" (something like that) on one file, and I get rather lost on how I would output to a DVD if I could get a clean output anyway.

I think the answer will be to buy a standard DVD recorder and edit copies from that.

Thank you for trying to help.

Terry Brown 19:47 16 Jan 11

The Videoredo is not for output to a DVD or CD, but strictly a Video Editing program where the save the edited program back to the harddrive for burning with your own software. --Plenty of freebies out there.

I suggest you contact the Videoredo team via the contact (bottom of this page)click here, and they will tell you what you need to do.

Terry

HenryVII 10:40 17 Jan 11

Thank you, Terry. I had a good look through the help screens and realised there is no DVD burn option. As you say, that's not a problem, so I'll just get this error business sorted out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…