Record Player

Bingalau 13:32 02 Sep 06

A couple of weeks ago a record player (for dusting down and playing old 78's & 45's etc.) was advertised in the press. Has anyone bought one and if so is it worth having? I've got loads of old 78's which I want to put onto CD, however because of the smallness of the room which houses my computer I need a small record player and the one advertised looked ideal. I forgot to keep the newspapers as they went to the re-cycle bin, so have lost the advert too. ..Bingalau..

Stuartli 13:42 02 Sep 06
  Stuartli 13:42 02 Sep 06
  Bingalau 13:57 02 Sep 06

Stuartli : Thanks for that, I've had a look at the sites and they are very like the ones advertised. so that's a start. But has anybody actually bought the one that was advertised in the newspapers? If so is it suitable for transfering to CD? Sometimes these things are advertised again (I hope). ..Bingalau..

Stuartli 14:10 02 Sep 06

There has been more than one such record player advertised in national newspapers.

To be honest buying one of those advertised on e-Bay from Pioneer or similar will be of much superior quality to the cheap and cheeful one you mention - and less expensive to boot.

Remember the old hi-fi saying: Rubbish In, Rubbish Out.

Bingalau 14:22 02 Sep 06

Stuartli : O.K. I will take your word for that and purchase one from there. Now which one will I choose? Probably the cheapest....Thanks again ..Bingalau..

Stuartli 14:59 02 Sep 06

There are probably other sellers offering such turntables on e-Bay - have a look around first.

Just make sure it's a reputable make...:-)

Simsy 07:31 03 Sep 06

it plays 78's !!

A lot of them don't.

(Of course , you could always speed them up using software if you can't get one that plays 78s!)

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple