Recommended laptops + reliable manufacturers

robgaskell 14:01 10 Jun 04

I am looking to purchase a Centrino laptop with 802.11b built in for around £1,000. The main use is office work although a reasonable spec is required for the odd film/game.

Build quality and a reliable manufacturer with good support are very important. I have bought a desktop previously from Evesham and found their support to be excellent - is this still the case? Is Dell still pretty poor?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

byfordr 15:03 10 Jun 04

click here click here seems excellent specs for a shade over a k. I believe that they make lappies for other companies.

R

Stuartli 17:37 10 Jun 04

The vast majority of the laptops on the market are made by a handful of manufacturers, mostly Tawiwanese such as Acer, and rebadged by other brand names or manufacturers.

Once you have found out who makes what particular laptops, you can then go on price, specifications and after sales service from those who rebadge them.

About a couple of years ago PC Advisor ran a multi-page special on Taiwanese manufacturers and the various computer related items, components etc that are produced. Some Taiwanese companies who produce OEM products include:

click here

As has been the case for several years now, the country also manufactures the bulk of digital cameras, including rebadged models for several top Japanese camera manufacturers.

See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…