Recommended DVD writer

Completealias 19:23 03 Jun 05

Hi all,

Have finally got the bucks to get a DVD writer and have been looking at various models and there are far too many to choose from so a nudge in the right direction would be ideal.

I would like to have support for all formats and dual layer don't mind OEM or retail would be nice to have software bundled but no biggy.

Any recommendations

Thanks

Al94 19:42 03 Jun 05

Bought this one click here in PC World last weekend for £39.99 - usually £49.99 but was on offer - full retail with software. Works beautifuly, very quiet and has good reviews. Also has "live update" which updates the firmware via internet - interestingly, one update after installation and a further one released today.

Border Collie 19:53 03 Jun 05

Or click here comes with Nero OEM.

Border Collie 19:53 03 Jun 05

Or click here comes with Nero OEM.

Border Collie 19:55 03 Jun 05

I meant to add LiteOn Retail 16xDVD+R 16xDVD-R 4xDVD+R Dual Layer DVD Writer Retail Kit

Border Collie 19:55 03 Jun 05

I meant to add LiteOn Retail 16xDVD+R 16xDVD-R 4xDVD+R Dual Layer DVD Writer Retail Kit

SEASHANTY 19:55 03 Jun 05

One of the best and the cheapest. In fact one of the only two all format (DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW and DVD-RAM) 16x dual layer drives that I know of. THE LG GSA 4163B. £30 from Blankdiscshop.
click here

SEASHANTY 20:01 03 Jun 05

....and the advantages of DVD-RAM - which only the LG and Panasonic writers offer support for....
click here

Completealias 22:02 03 Jun 05

Cheers for them will have a look I did come accross the LG model earlier and is one on my shortlist.

Also came accross the Pioneer DVR-109 click here the specs are on a link about half way down the page.

Any thoughts on this one

kdt 19:57 05 Jun 05

look at benq/lg/toshiba and your pocket which suits best.
kdt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…