Recommendations re DVD burning Software

OU812 18:13 01 Aug 04

Just upgraded from a CD to DVD Burner and been keen to use my shiny new toy was a little preturbed to find it wasn't recognised by Nero 5.5 (latest patched version).

I now know from checking on Nero site that this is so because it is 'bundled' QEM software and will only work with the CDRW drive that came with my original PC(you live and learn).

While I have looked into (ahem!) ways around this it seems to be a no go, So I am looking at either upgrading Nero or using some other package.

If anyone can recommend any suitable packages (preferably ones that can be checked out via a trial version first) I'd appreciate it

spuds 18:36 01 Aug 04

If you want some crazy prices, nip along to your local PC World store, they may have the same offers that my local had last week. Ulead Products click here - DVD Picture Show Imaging Suite, was £19.99 then £9.99 now £2.99. DVD Movie Factory was £19.99 then £9.99 then £4.99 now £2.99. For the photographer Ulead Cool 360 was £9.99 now £2.99. MediaGold click here DaviDeo2 Professional was £39.99 now £4.99

OU812 18:36 01 Aug 04

Just seen a similar post however I not looking (per see) to 'backup' DVD movies (and already have a copy of DVD decyptor so know what to do if needs be on that score).

I am looking to burn (for instance) spanned images of my hard drive partitions made with drive image 7 to DVD alongside the copy that is saved on a second hard drive, along with backups from my docs and so forth (particularly my music stored in WMA lossless which takes up a significant amount of space as a image file on my second HD and in the event of its loss constitutes a great deal of messing about (loading CD after CD) to get it back again.

OU812 21:06 03 Aug 04

Thanks for responding. Following your lead I downloaded a trial copy of Ulead DVD Factory 3.

However while it recognised my drive as usable the LG seemed very picky when it came itself to recognising disks.

Long story short, I have now been issued with an RMA and its going back to the supplier tomorrow Scan (who as an aside delivered the burner impressively quickly)and I am looking for another DVD burner.

Lessons learned, don't try save money before first checking that you can use the software you plan to with the software free OEM drive and your current OEM ('bundled')software.

spuds 22:46 03 Aug 04

Have a look at ebuyer click here and check Quickfind 62271. These are selling like hot cake, so they must be good. They had over a thousand in stock late last week.New firmware due for release, which will make this unit dual layer.

OU812 14:59 08 Aug 04

Thanks Spuds,

You know I had been considering the 16X DVD+R Benq, but given that this Benq drive is half the price and will be firmware upgraded to duel writing capability, it would seem to be a good buy so long as you don't want to write to DVD-R/RW (which is of no odds to me).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…