Recommendations please for dvd writer

BeeWee 03:57 12 Dec 03

could someone please point me in the right direction to buy one of the above? what do i need to look for (eg speed,make,duality etc) and would i be able to fit this myself (with help from here if possible)

Jester2K II 08:20 12 Dec 03

DVD writer reviews - click here

Yes you can fit it yourself (as long as opening the case doesn't break any warranty agreements)

bremner 09:08 12 Dec 03

Jesters link is an indication of what is available but if you already have software for burning then an OEM drive will save you shed loads.

Two drives are often recommended the LG 4040B click here the Pioneer DVR 106R click here

Hyperangelic 09:28 12 Dec 03

the NEC ND-1300. My personal fave.

For your shopping list, you need to look for:

Supports + and - formats
As high a speed as possible on CDs (some drives offer very poor CD read / writer speeds)

Most drives are very easy to fit - you can get assistance here anyway. Just read the installation instructions carefully, and make sure you set the jumpers correctly - most instruction booklets will give you a diagram and explain them, so just follow their instructions. If you already have CD-writing software, you may be able to buy OEM, but otherwise it might be worth checking what various drives ship with.

good luck

BeeWee 08:43 14 Dec 03

thank you all for your help

Stuartli 09:04 14 Dec 03

click here sells the Pioneer models in OEM versions at good prices, along with the media.

leo49 09:08 14 Dec 03

Two more new 8x models are going to be available in January - the new Sony and the Pioneer 107 - methinks the 4x models' prices will inevitably fall even further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…