Recommendations for an 'All-in-one' printer

The Ghost of Inept Pig 20:32 23 Jan 08

'lo all,

As above really, I'm after a printer/scanner and wondered if there was considered to be a particular 'best' in the field? Wireless functionality would be good, and certainly a good quality of photo print would be a bonus!

Cheers

Managing ed 14:43 24 Jan 08

It largely depends on how much you want to pay, among other things.

There's hundreds of PCA reviews of multifunction printers here:

click here

Hope you find the one you're looking for!

Best,

Matt Egan
Managing Editor

spuds 18:31 24 Jan 08

All depends on what your actual requirements and printer workloads.

I have three All-in-Ones. HP OfficeJet 950 (9 years + old), Lexmark X5150 (3+ years old) and an HP Photosmart C3100 series (1 year old).

All have been and still are superb performers. The last two were from the cheaper price range, with the HP 3180 only costing £39.99. Alas none are wireless.

hymerman 19:53 24 Jan 08

I had big problems with the Kodak 5300, I believe they had an inherent fault with the print head, I had three printers faulty so got my money back, now hae a HP

laurie53 19:59 24 Jan 08

I am on my third HP All in One, and it is the worst of the bunch (C6180). Performance OK but inflexible settings and intrusive and flaky software.

Monoux 20:08 24 Jan 08

Just bought Epson DX8400 MFD from Comet £59.95. So far very pleased with it

SB23 21:36 25 Jan 08

I replaced an old Lexmark with a HP Deskjet All In One (F380)last year.
Ink is cheaper than the Lexmark, quality of scans, copies and prints are excellent, and thats on the quick draft option.
It was good for the price (Ebuyer), and I have no regrets.

oseven 22:04 25 Jan 08

Don't buy the Epson DX 4400 as recommended in this magazine.I bought one and find it very noisy,very slow and the draught copy is useless.Also having trouble getting colours right.

annemarief 23:20 26 Jan 08

I've had my Epson CX6600 for a couple of years now, and have had no problems with it. But it has been upstaged by my mum's Canon MP which prints really well. Both were around £150. What I would say is find a couple you like then check replacement ink prices as these tend to be rather expensive.

Paul M 16:12 27 Jan 08

I've had a Lexmark X4580 wireless printer/copier/scanner for a few months now and no problems. It's also very cheap (£100) although ink may be dearer but it depends how much printing you do, as to how much this matters.

bobbybowls 08:24 28 Jan 08

I have a brother mfc-425cn it is not wireless but is network capable. it is a few years old now but still going strong and used most days. the only downside is the small ink carts, (cheap from choice). my sister has a newer model which she likes better than the HP she had before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now