Recommendation for external usb hard drive

Al94 17:49 03 Oct 04

Due to limited storage on a laptop which I use as my home PC, decided to buy an external USB2 hard drive. After pricing around, bought one from here on ebay click here absolutely brilliant product, next day delivery from GB to N Ireland and works a treat. Highly recommend these people for value for money.

zincy 01:09 04 Oct 04

how about reliability? does it get hot easily?

Al94 08:59 04 Oct 04

I see no evidence of it getting hot. Wondered the same myself when considering purchase and posted query here. click here

Al94 09:01 04 Oct 04

sorry wromg link click here

byfordr 13:32 04 Oct 04

You can get a maxtor or lacie including decent support for that money...

R

They look nicer as well.

Magik ®© 14:52 04 Oct 04

go for the Maxtor, I have their 200GB external drive, and it has one button back up....perfect

iscanut2 15:02 04 Oct 04

I also have a Maxtor 1 touch external USB drive. Very good quiet drive and very easy to use backup software.

Magik ®© 16:31 04 Oct 04

well, there you have it Nuts, great minds think alike.............

zincy 01:18 05 Oct 04

ok i think i will do that
does the maxtox one let u open it up and put a different hard disk inside? like some of the enclourses? or is it sealed shut?

many thnaks
zincy

wee eddie 10:29 05 Oct 04

Firewire & USB, this will extend the usable life of the drive by several years.

JYPX 13:30 05 Oct 04

The software supplied with the Maxtor (Dantz Retrospect Express) sounds great - almost too good to be true. So is there any down side to this software (for a user wanting a full back of the operating system partition)??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…