Recommend a TFT screen

ANDREW-W 19:30 01 Dec 03

I am currently looking for a 17inch TFT screen that would be suitable for watching DVDs.
Has anyone any suggestions or experiences. I believe a lot of screens suffer from artefacts.
Any observations on this?

the bash 10:18 02 Dec 03

i received my new computer on the 28th november and it came with a phillips 170B4 monitor.it's brilliant to watch dvd's on.it's a better picture than the tv.
hope this helps.

Diemmess 17:35 02 Dec 03

That may have been so, when earlier manufacturers were trying to compete and keep their price down.

I think there should be no demonstrable fault with dud pixels these days. I' perfectly happy with one purchased from Novatech in their offers of over 12 months ago.

Simplistic you might say, but I looked at 5 screens from CorelDrw as soon as I got it. They were pure black, white, red, yellow and blue.
No screen showed any sign of imperfections, at least not to my dimming eyes!

I am delighted with it.

Rayuk 18:17 02 Dec 03

You are referring to dead pixels I beleive ANDREW-W is referring to artefacts on dvd playback.

Gaz 25 22:58 02 Dec 03

Has any one noticed that TFT have gone up in price?

david.h 18:47 03 Dec 03

just bought dell 18 inich from novatech £316, well impressed. does not have extras like speakers or usb's but screen is good for dvd games etc. for office docs you need to tune it at microsoft site.

When looking for a TFT check the spec for response time a spec of 22ms or quicker is recommended for playing DVDs Or intense gaming
slower response times give a blurry effect on rapid on screen movements

Djohn 21:20 03 Dec 03

I have the AOC 17" TFT 25 ms response time and all movies/games and 3D mark test pass with flying colours. Excellent to view for many hours at a time each day with absolutely no eye strain or reflection from the screen, under all lighting conditions.

From the instant it comes on, the picture is perfect from corner to corner, no warm-up times, no fiddling with the controls to adjust the picture. just a perfect square display filling the screen. Very happy. j.

David-235429 21:34 03 Dec 03

I invested in the HP f1703 TFT monitor and think its superb. One thing I have found though, in the evenings I tend to have the lights in the room on dim but the monitor is very bright even if the brightness control has been adjusted down. This made it difficult to see the keyboard (black keys). I have cured this with a minature fluorescent desk lamp from John Lewis which sits just above the monitor shining downwards to the keyboard.

jimnjo 22:12 03 Dec 03

As with The Bash, I also have a Philips 170B4.
Brilliant clear picture, good for graphics and watching DVD's.
No problem with artefacts.

Jim

miffie 22:20 03 Dec 03

My son-in-law and I both have a 15" Sampo TFT screen and they are magic. Son inlaw plays a lot of heavy games with no problems we bought in June and they were £225 from sampotech .com a swedish company
miffie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…