recommend scanner please

Kegsy 11:27 01 Jul 04

I need a new scanner to run with win xp, preferably with slide/negative copying facility. Any recommendations, with prices?

georgemac 11:39 01 Jul 04

I bought one from argos, was reduced to £59.99 and has the option for scanning negatives although I have never used it. Goes up to 1200 dpi and is I think 48 bit. I used it for scaning my old photos on to dvd to play on my tv through the dvd player and the photos look superb.

I like canon products, and there are other better scanners available than this one, but it depends how much you want to spend and what you want it for.

It was around £58 in ebuyer so the argos price was very good for the high street.

Newuser38 19:23 01 Jul 04

I have the 3200F as well. It is now reduced to £59.99 in PCW as well as in Argos. I got mine for £58 from Jessops. It scans negs and slides ok for me but only one at a time. Others say if you want something more professional go up market or to a single use slide scanner. The 3200F got a good write up in PCPro recently. I got it to replace my old one which would not work with XP. This one does.

Kegsy 20:19 01 Jul 04

Thaanks for that Geo an New, will quite likely go for that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…