//some 3rd party need geo

Recommend a PSU day!

kingkenny 09:26 25 Sep 03

Following my current saga in the helproom click here
today is officially known by the above from now on!
Can anyone recommend a good PSU that is rated 400-450W? I have checked the PC World website and see PSUs by Jeantech (?). Does any one have any experience with these units?

I have also been looking here at the 450W PSU for around £36 click here

kingkenny 09:27 25 Sep 03

will be going out today but will reply to all posts, thanks

PINKNOSE 09:40 25 Sep 03

I fitted this PSU to my pc QTEC 550 Watt PSU P4 ready Twin Fan. I have never had a problem with it.

Key Features
- 550 Watt PSU
- Suitable for ATX systems and Pentium 4
- 2 fans inside for optimal cooling
- Noise level less than 33 dB(A)

Specifications
- 550 W PSU
- Suitable for ATX systems and P4
- 2 fans inside for optimal cooling
- 230V input voltage
- Low voltage power switch
- Noise level 32,8 dB
- Gold colour
- Product size (hxwxd): 85x150x140mm

Best of all the price £19.74 inc VAT

at click here

expertec 09:42 25 Sep 03
  expertec 09:42 25 Sep 03
  leo49 09:43 25 Sep 03

click here

This article/test might be of interest.

kingkenny 11:05 25 Sep 03

Thx PINKNOSE, expertec and Leo49.

I had come across the Toms Hardware page last night and also viewed a review for the Qtec PSU. Was a bit worried that it didn't have a power switch on the actual unit and some of the reviews seemed to confirm this as a problem. Most reviews mentioned that the noise was a lot louder than expected. But then again you can't argue with the price!

Is it really important to go for a branded PSU such as Antec or Enermax?
What is PFC, when used to term a PSU?

Chegs ® 12:00 25 Sep 03

I would go with the recommendations from THG.I have had three 400W PSU's die in this puter.I have a Ti4800,two 120Gb SATA hdd's,CPU is XP2800,Pioneer DVD-RW,CD-RW,DVD-ROM.The 1st PSU was a cheapo from local hardware shop,the next two were off Ebay,and the last one to die had a 400W labelled box,yet after its demise I found a sticker inside its case stating it was only 300W!I had dual-fan(noisy git)AMD/P4 approved,and various other blurb claiming IT was the best available,yet the latest dying PSU only lasted a few weeks.I now have a 450W "quality" PSU,and it hasn't yet died/got hot/switched itself off even tho' my puter is on 24/7.The fans on these various PSU's have required frequent cleaning/oiling,etc as I discovered that occasionally the cooling fan/s had slowed/stopped as the fan had become clogged with dust.I will be buying the THG highpower recommendation(if this one dies)of Antec,and hopefully it will last alot longer than any of its predecessors. :-)

kingkenny 13:20 25 Sep 03

Cheers Chegs

Does anyone have an Antec PSU in their PC at the moment and can they tell me how happy they are with it?

maby66 13:38 25 Sep 03

I've fitted a Qtec, but only because I know I will not be doing much in the way of upgrading/loading.

If you visit a forum for people who buld machines for heavy gaming/overclocking/video work, you will probably find that they use Antec, Enermax, GlobalWin and Sparkle.

You pays your money and you takes your choice - as with most things in life.

kingkenny 14:27 25 Sep 03

Decided to buy a 465W Enermax PSU so hopefully that solves the issue.

Will let you all know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…