realtek website, Why is it soooo slow!

Uboat 01:52 07 Feb 11

Many a year now ive been downloading their sound drivers & i have yet to find a acceptable speed? i have been living at multiple places over the years with lots of different pc's & ive always had rubbish speeds, i remember emailing them two years ago asking why the site is so slow & never had a reply! lol
if they are a big company why dont they invest.? i am now having to get the driver of 3rd part website & can get it MUCH quicker..:-(

i am using a 50 meg broadband package & i average 47 meg all the time also my pc is on W7 64 bit.???

UB

wolfie3000 04:44 07 Feb 11

Just tried there site seems fine to me, also tried downloading there drivers and went fast enough.

octal 06:05 07 Feb 11

I just tried it on the biggest file I could find and it downloaded at 400kB/sec. I'm using 10MB broadband from VM.

KremmenUK 07:28 07 Feb 11

Funny you mention this. My various PC's over the years have all had Realtek based sound and like you I've always found the downloads to be painfully slow.

I tend to try and find a mirror or host based on the filename published on the RealTek website and download from that instead.

Colin 12:45 07 Feb 11

I also use the Realtek website and find most sites such as these, e.g. motherboard and other component manufacturers really slow. I use the Gigabyte site to check for BIOS updates etc and the connection is like dial up. I assume they are based in Taiwan but I can't see why that would have anything to do with it.

Forum Editor 12:50 07 Feb 11

from Speakers Corner.

GaT7 13:56 07 Feb 11

I've had a similar experience to Uboat & KremmenUK - always slow no matter what my downloading speed was.

And I've done the same with respect to finding an alternative download host. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…