Real music now .com

hargranules 20:30 09 Jan 06

Has anyone else had problems with a website called realmusicnow.com Said 0.99p per month for music download then filled in all details. Was then charged £20.00 to my credit card.
Then downloaded software called LIme live to download music first thing I tried to download didn't have license.

Went back onto website found a small check box I had to untick to avoid paying £8.88 for spyware.

At no point did it say I will pay 12 months now and it is not downloads you are paying for it is 24 support for the software.

I have contacted my credit card company and this company, is there any other way I might be able to get my money back

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:51 09 Jan 06

Youn have been scammed. Try to sort this out with your CC company apart from that you can kiss your money goodbye. The company gives you a P2P application called Limewire which is free in any case. The site is obviously a scam....'Get access to the largest music networks on the planet and start downloading today. No download fees'. ....should have started the alarm bells ringing loudly.

I'm afraid you have virtually no chance of getting the money back. if it looks too good to be true..........

G

ade.h 23:00 09 Jan 06

....it usually is.

Number one skill to have if you sign up for anything on the internet: be able to smell a rat.

Forum Editor 23:28 09 Jan 06

you are not alone by any means. Thousands of others have fallen for this - including one of my clients, a person who should have known better, and (feeling foolish) argued with me when I told him he had fallen for a scam.

hargranules 08:17 10 Jan 06

To Forum Editor,

How come something like this is on google as a sponsered link, surely scams should be stopped?

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:33 10 Jan 06

'How come something like this is on google as a sponsored link, surely scams should be stopped?'...what they are doing is not illegal, dubious but not illegal. They are offering to sell you the information and programmes for using P2P. These programmes cost nothing but there is nothing wrong in people trying to resell them.

There are many songs that can be downloaded for free so they are not lying however don't expect the latest Kaiser Chiefs album to be a freebie. You can download copyright material but it is against the law unless you pay for it.

All the get out clauses will be in their terms and conditions and you won't have a leg to stand on as you agreed to them even if you did not read them. Keep well clear of any sites offerimg unlimited music or film downloads for a one off payment; common sense would dictate that they cannot possibly be for real with the shop price of a music CD at around £10+ and a film at about £15+.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…