Re: R6: Raven Shield review

The Mad Hacker 18:22 09 Jun 03

In the review of Raven Shield, PCA #95, the reviewer seems to be a bit annoyed about the lack of an ingame save feature, and lowered the rating of the game considerably, based on this one feature.

The developers of the game wanted the game to be as realistic as possible, hence the "one hit kills" style of gameplay.

In real life, one bullet kills. And in real life, you don't get an ingame quicksave. This makes the game (in my opinion, of course), more fun, as you can't just reload if the unexpected happens, you are forced to adapt to your current situation.

Writing such a feature would not take too long, as, the position of every object in the game is in the computer's memory anyway, it's a matter of writing this to a file in a format that the computer can read.

Although this can be annoying if you need to get off the computer to allow another member of the family to use it, you will lose your progress in the game from the beginning of that mission.

I haven't played the game yet, I'm waiting until I have enough cash for a new graphics card before I buy any more computer games (in time for HL2), but if the last two installments of the series I played are anything to go by, it'll be brilliant.

/rant>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…