re panda download link for the competition

bodigs 22:09 27 Apr 06

hi you sent me a link for the competition to the panda anti virus site i downloaded the free 30 day trial when i did it froze my computer it wouldnt turn off and i had to turn it off by the switch when i turned it back on everything once again froze a warning came up in the right corner of the pc saying to run a chkdsk scan which i did everything in the scan mentioned something or other about panda i uninstalled it the first time it froze again but got it uninstalled on my second attempt just to let you know that everything is not right with the download

Forum Editor 22:23 27 Apr 06

Who sent you this link, and which Panda product did you download?

Belatucadrus 22:31 27 Apr 06

Presumably the Panda link in the competitions page. click here

Did you load it on top of another Anti Virus ? Never a good idea.

bodigs 08:37 28 Apr 06

hi yes it was that link you have above it was on the pcadvisor competition page. I uninstalled my AVG before I installed the panda antivirus. Since I last posted I am now using a friends PC as I cannot use my own. The mouse wont work, the PC keeps freezing, ad-aware and registry mechanic keep freezing when they get to a certain point and the chkdsk utility keeps coming up in the taskbar saying to run because some files are missing(mshcon)Uninstalled Panda I thought but it keeps saying that it cannot uninstall because part of the programme is missing. I asked google what mshcon was and they turned up a worm called r_bot Can do nothing with my PC Can you help me please?

Belatucadrus 11:36 28 Apr 06

Have you tried running Registry Mechanic in safe mode ?
If it doesn't like safe mode, try CCleaner click here run on the issues tab, I've just checked and it's quite happy running in safe mode.

To get to safe mode, tap F8 during boot up.

bodigs 11:47 28 Apr 06

hi thanks for trying to help me ran your scan it said (cannot remove folder MshConf:The directory is not empty ) that name mshconf keeps coming up when i do anything with the pc have found all the bits related to the panda download but it wont delete them or put them into the recycle bin why will even my mouse not work?my friends mouse works for about 30 seconds i take it out and put it back in till it stops again?thanks for helping me

bodigs 16:14 30 Apr 06

well thanks for trying to help me got in touch with panda who told me how to resolve the problem done this it didnt work couldnt get it fixed had to get a guy out who checked it and told me only way to get rid of the problem was to reload the pc which he did just beware of this download panda platinum 2006 internet security as it will just do damage to your pc and hopefully pcadvisor will withdraw this competition and just in case your wondering not once did panda deny that their download had done this to my pc thanks again for your time and help keep up the great work
yours sincerly, bodigs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…