re nickknows.com

webber_man 19:47 11 Feb 05

...has anyone used them and how good are they if you have?

Thanks

Kansenji 22:24 12 Feb 05

I ordered a Netgear modem/router from them last week. I received a phone call from them only minutes later, confirming they were posting it to me by Special delivery & should get it the next morning; which I did (WOW!) what a service.

Unfortunately, when it arrived, it was completely "dead". I faxed them asking for a REFUND & asking for the required "RMA" returns number, but by the end of the day I hadn't heard from them, so I emailed them via their website. The next day (3 days ago) I received the returns number & posted the faulty item back to them by Special Delivery.

Obviously it's not NickKnows's fault that the router was dead. Let's see how quickly/slowly they give me my money back.

I'll post another reply when I hear from them.

Kansenji 19:36 17 Feb 05

I posted the dead modem/router by Special Delivery on Thurday 9th February & they should have received it before noon the following day. I accidentally discovered today, Thurday 17th, (whilst checking my online bank statement), that they refunded me in full (NO refund of return postage though) TWO DAYS AGO on Tuesday 15th February!

Now that is sort of good news, except that I am ENTITLED to a refund of my postge (£6.55) & I haven't been given or offered that yet.

Also, NickKnows hasn't communicated with me AT ALL since they received the modem/router from me. They haven't even replied to my online request for an update, made to them two days ago.

I think I'll go somewhere else next time . . . .

wee eddie 20:28 17 Feb 05

They obviously gave you your credit immediately.

Maybe the cost of postage will follow. Most companies get a contract rate from their carrier, so they will not know your cost until it arrives.

I think that 3 day turnaround on a credit note is impressive for what is probably a fairly small, possibly new, operation

Kansenji 20:44 17 Feb 05

Wee Eddie,

Perhaps I AM "jumping the gun". I would have expected them to note the postage cost (add up the stamps on the package) & just add it to the sum paid into my bank account.

Anyway, I've posted another note to them on their web site, asking for a refund of postage. I'll make another posting here if/when I do/don't receive it.

They are probably quite a reasonable company (based in Brislington in Bristol). I do wonder though, that if I were to re-order from them & hit ANOTHER problem, whether they would be so co-operative a second time?

I think that it is better to start afresh elsewhere.

Kansenji 03:56 08 Mar 05

NickKnows asked me to send them "a fax of my postage receipt". I sent them this on 25th February & have not heard a "dicky-bird" from them since (where did that phrase come from? does it mean I'm an Oldie?)

Kansenji 14:49 09 Mar 05

My return postage has been refunded (less 5p). It seems that this is because they limit their return postage liability to £6.50! this is a bit silly because they suggested I send by Special Delivery & that is what I did; it cost £6.55 so that is what they should repay me. Never mind, they've been pretty good really, just a bit slow with the refunds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…