Re: Lost parcel

Giant68 19:39 15 Apr 04

Many thanks for those who responded to my post on the parcel from Novatech that wasn't delivered, it was appreciated. I spoke with a very helpful person from Novatech who agreed that the problem was theirs as it hadn't actually been recieved by me, but, as my good lady (who thought she was being helpful) had paid in the goodwill cheque from the RM they didn't think they should deal with it as I had effectively sorted it myself. I will mark this one down to experience and count myself lucky that I am only a fiver down on the deal.
Again, many thanks.

Giant68

Forum Editor 22:21 15 Apr 04

I think you're right to take the philosophical view, and it's good to hear that Novatech accepted that the goods were still at their risk.

bfoc 23:29 15 Apr 04

An acceptance of compensation is generally taken as 'full settlement' unless it is accepted by both parties (whether explicitly or implied) that it is only partial. That will be why Novatech isn't paying the extra £5!

Of course if the cheque had not been cashed then, since Novatech accepted they were liable, I am sure they would have paid the full amount!

I'm actually quite impressed that Giant68 got compensation out of RM: when I had problems some while ago I was told it was the sender, as the customer, who had to raise the issue and claim compensation!

Giant68 05:57 16 Apr 04

Once I had been informed by forum members the position regarding responsibility i didn't have much doubt that Novatech would do the right thing. I have had customer service issues with Novatech before and have found that they are most helpful. I have used this company for a couple of years now and will continue to do so.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…