RAW support in Windows

ams4127 01 Aug 11
Answered

MS has just released a codec pack giving photographers RAW support native to Windows.

Download from this link

Legolas 01 Aug 11

ams4127 Thanks I have D/L and installed it, better late than never I suppose from MS

ams4127 01 Aug 11

I haven't used it yet myself but there are reports saying that it may be slow in use.

I'll try it over the next few days when I can find some time.

Let me know how you get on with it.

ventanas 01 Aug 11

A bit late for me, I purchased the Fast Picture Viewer codec pack a while back.

I don't think Miscrosoft can be blamed for this, it's really up to the camera makers to come up with the codecs, which Nikon for one now refuse to do.

ventanas 01 Aug 11

It also only supports two of my cameras, both Nikon. My Olympus and Fuji models are not listed.

Forum Editor 01 Aug 11
Answer

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

ams4127 02 Aug 11

Thanks FE. Sorry about that slight brain seizure!!

woodchip 03 Aug 11

Raw came with my camera CD, I think it was the Fuji but I also have a ADSL Sony Alpha and it may have come with that, but think it was with Fuji

anchor 06 Aug 11

NOTE:

It is only for 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message