Rate My System Please :-)

cassius.uk 15:18 20 Jan 07

Rate My System Please :-)
Hi, I have just totally upgraded my system, based on the advice from forum members here. Bear in mind that I didnt have too much to spend. Please tell me what you think?

CASE: AKASA ZEN MIDI ATX IVORY WITH 2 SILENT 12CM FANS AT FRONT AND REAR.
PSU: HIPER 580W PSU
CHIP: INTEL CORE2DUO E6600 2.4GZ
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA945P-S3 Socket 775 FSB 1066mhz
GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GEOFORCE 7900GS WITH 512MB DDR 3 MEMORY, OVERCLOCKED USING NVTRAY
MEMORY: 2 GIG DDR2 DUAL CHANNELED 533MHZ SPEED, BOTH KINGSTON AND DELL (NOT SURE OF MAKE)
MONITOR: 17" DELL FLAT PANEL
SOUND: DELL 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM, 5 SPEAKERS AND SUBWOOFER.
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS XP MC EDITION 2005

Let me know what you think, as value all your advice.

Cheers

Cassius

Kate B 15:27 20 Jan 07

Looks nice, but I'm not quite sure what advice you're after. Boasting, yes, which is fine (I've been known to do it myself) but advice? You've spent the dosh. Enjoy it - it looks like a nice system.

I suppose my only comment would be that I would have sat tight for a bit and waited for an affordable DX10 card rather than spend money on a card that's on the verge of being obsolete.

cassius.uk 15:34 20 Jan 07

KateB- thats the type of advice I am after. I will upgrading again in the future and need to know what will be obsolete soon and what will be worth investing in. Thanks KateB Ill keep that in mind :-)

Pamy 16:26 20 Jan 07

It looks far superior to mine,so what can do you do with it?

cassius.uk 16:39 20 Jan 07

Thats a good point!, it makes a good cup of tea! lol ;-).

Im just getting into computers and like a system that can, possible, keep up with developments (at least until direct x 10 comes out).

When direct x 10 comes out I might get the nvida geforce 8 series or something more affordable.

rodriguez 17:27 20 Jan 07

Looks similar to one I'm planning to build - except I might use AMD instead of Intel, I haven't really decided yet. It should do the job for most tasks you need to do with it. It should also easily handle Vista if you want to upgrade to it later on.

dagbladet 17:32 20 Jan 07

Much better than mine...er...well done!

Pamy 18:21 20 Jan 07

cassius.uk, My seven year old computer will get me on the internet, type a letter in "word" and save my digital camera pics, play music, and do my internet banking. I'm 65, am I missing something? Hey, I make a cracking cup of tea without a computer. Dont Know how to do the laughing bit

tony58 18:23 20 Jan 07

monitor on the small side

jimmybond 18:27 20 Jan 07

true - but can brag about its specifications, and wallow in satisfaction about how much more powerful than everyone elses PC is?
:-)

Pamy 18:36 20 Jan 07

jimmybond, I new I was missing out somewhere

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced