//some 3rd party need geo

RAM Upgrade For Acer Travelmate 292LMI

CMC 42 22:31 01 Dec 05

Can anyone reccomend me a good place to get a RAM upgrade for my Acer Travelmate 292LMI laptop?

256MB of RAM is not really enough, especially when running Photoshop.

What would you reccomend I upgrade it to (considering that my virtual memory is on 384MB)?

I know this model can take up to 2GB of RAM.

Thanks.

sidecar sid 23:30 01 Dec 05
  CMC 42 19:12 06 Dec 05

Who exactly are crucial?

The only place I could find the RAM I wanted was click here

I did find the crucial one when I did a google search but how reliable are they?

Dizzy Bob 19:21 06 Dec 05

click here

use the collect at store option to reserve the item at your local store, but pay the online price.

DB

Totally-braindead 19:28 06 Dec 05

Crucial are highly recommended, they are very well known, you may get cheaper memory elsewhere but they guarantee the memory will work. I wouldn't buy my memory anywhere else as I've had a lot of intermittant problems with PCs that have been caused by faulty memory. click here There are other good makes, Corsair for example if you don't fancy Crucial but rest assured they are a well known, well thought of company.

CMC 42 19:47 06 Dec 05

Dizzybob - according to my PC World site it's a delivery only item so I can't use collect at store.

ade.h 19:58 06 Dec 05

Crucial and Corsair are the only brands of memory (RAM, flash, whatever) that I'll buy. Have used others in the past, but not with great reliability.

Dipso 22:17 06 Dec 05

I have the exact same laptop. I bought an extra 256 from Crucial. Something to be aware of, the Crucial memory selector reports the wrong memory ie. PC2100, mine actually has PC2700. This is what I bought click here scroll down to the 200 pin modules.

Crucial are selling it for £41.11 inc delivery. You can also get the same Crucial module from Ebuyer click here sometimes they sell it cheaper than Crucial(???)

CMC 42 22:59 06 Dec 05

Dipso - that price is the more than a 512mb one for a PC2700 that I found on Amazon click here

That's the one I meant to post earlier - when I did a 'crucial' search a few days ago it gave me the PC2700 but for some reason it's now pointing to the PC2100

As to ebuyer - I know someone who had a bad experience with them and as such I am never ordering with them.

CMC 42 23:04 06 Dec 05

Edit: Ah no it wasn't the crucial one that I got the PC2700 from it was click here

Does the Amazon one click here look alright?

I was already dubious about ordering from crucial because I've never heard of them - but if their search isn't right then what is?

Dipso 13:08 07 Dec 05

Please don't let that put you off considering Crucial. Many people recommend them. I have purchased memory from them several times and it always arrives very promptly (sometimes next day!) and I have never had a problem. They are supposed to be very good customer service wise too if you did have a problem, I never have.

Before you make up your mind click here

I was aware of the error with the memory selector as I was following a thread on What Laptop forum in January and someone pointed it out.

If you really not sure about Crucial, the Amazon one seems fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…