Ram or graphics card

wednesday 13 18:37 11 Feb 07

My pc is currently being used for soe top games like NFS carbon. some games areslighly sluggish in places and found that i could improve performance by getting a new graphics card and ram. i can only get the one right now, so which would be recommended first?

Totally-braindead 19:13 11 Feb 07

It depends on what you have already.

wednesday 13 12:43 13 Feb 07

i have a kingfisher 256 mb ddr 333 value ram and radeon 9250 128mb graphics card

Why wont it work 14:02 13 Feb 07

I would probably say the ram; as you should feel the difference with everyday tasks, and possibly to a lesser extent in games. 512mb RAM is generally accepted as the minimum amount of ram these days. The graphics card however would only make a difference in games. Considering that the RAM is 333mhz, I would assume that the procesor(what is it?) is old, so this also could limit the usefulness of a new graphics card, although admittedly the Radeon 9250 is somewhat dated.

Devil Fish 15:15 13 Feb 07

i have carbon in front of me

system requirements

O/S Win 2000 or XP
Processor 1.7GHz
Ram 512MB
Graphics 64MB

256MB ram isn't going to kick it i would suggest that be the 1st port of call, But only if your processor is up to it otherwise you are just throwing away good money for no gain

wednesday 13 13:09 16 Feb 07

my processor is intel celeron D 2.4ghz

Totally-braindead 13:32 16 Feb 07

Ok for just now go to crucial and buy another 256mb ram. click here if you don't know what to get then run the scan my system thing.
Later on perhaps consider another graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…