RAM Advice/reviews

Rosco72 22:05 19 Jul 05

Hi everyone, First post.

I was hoping someone could help me choose the best quality RAM for my system. My PC takes PC3200 DDR400 184 Pin. There is pleanty out there to choose from, but I just can't decide. I currently have 1 512 stick done by the Elixir brand. Not impressed one bit. BTW I'm on a bit of a budget.

Thanks in advance

citadel 23:21 19 Jul 05

if you are using windows xp add another 512 of ram. Any normal pc 3200 branded ram will do. There is pc3200 that has faster timings but this is more expensive and only worth it if you want to overclock it. If your motherboard supports dual channel mode this give a speed boost, check manual to see which slots to use, on mine its slots 1 and 3.

DieSse 01:31 20 Jul 05

"Not impressed one bit"

How does memory impress or not - surely it should just be boringly reliable?

Zaphod 3 09:22 20 Jul 05

Try here they have been highly recommended in the past.

click here

freaky 10:20 20 Jul 05

As Zaphod 3 said above, go to the Crucial website and download their program. This will check your Motherboard and existing RAM, and will recommend what RAM to purchase.

I did this with my PC 2 weeks ago, and upgraded from 512 to 1536 by buying a matching pair of 512's. This cost about £74 inclusive. It would appear from your post that you have the same type of RAM as I have. Found Crucial excellent. Make sure you buy a kit i.e. 2 X 512 matching pair. These will then go into the 2 spare ram sockets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…