"LOGMEIN" TRIED TO SELL ME A "SECURITY SCRUB"

ELBK 23:21 01 Jun 15

HI --- I feel so stupid! Today I received an ad in the form of an email at the top of my Yahoo email inbox. It could neither be deleted nor unsubsribed to. So I email a question to a Yahoo community help forum asking if anyone else had received them. One of the replies had a "Yahoo Help" phone number. I called it and was subsequently taken in by a tech person who said he worked with people with applie computers that had Yahoo email and he asked for my computer pass which I typed in, etc., etc. To make a long story short, he ultimately tried to sell me some kind of security scrub package which would take 40-50 minutes and cost me $168 (or some price similar.) I became alarmed and suspicious and terminated the conversation. I did a little research on the Internet and found that Logmein is a reputable company but sometimes scammers masquerade as Logmein. Now I don't know what to do. This scammer has my computer log in and now has access to all my personal and financial information. I tried contacting Apple but my computer is too old to qualify for free advice and I could not get to a rep and tell what my problem is. What should I do? Just go to an Apple store and explain my problem in person and hope they will help me?

robin_x 23:38 01 Jun 15

Have you changed your password?

What model have you got? What version OS is it?

SeiyaIkki 16:06 02 Jun 15

What do you mean he has access to all the info of yours? Clear your mac and that's it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…