"Deathly Hallows" DVD much too dark

sunnypete 17:48 14 Jan 14
Answered

I have the 2 set DVD of these films and find they play much too dark on my laptop. A Google search seems to show this is a common situation. I wonder if others here have found the same, and with what result?

Forum Editor 17:59 14 Jan 14

Moved to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

canarieslover 18:17 14 Jan 14

Seems to be the normal thing to do to cover up the special effects that are'nt perfect. Same as The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

sunnypete 19:21 14 Jan 14

If it's normal I would consider the discs are not of an acceptable quality. Wonder if anyone has been able to get a refund in a case like this?

hssutton 21:33 14 Jan 14

I switched off after approx 30 mins as it was unwatchable. I have a 55in smart TV, I turned up the brightness and the backlight all to no avail

sunnypete 08:37 15 Jan 14
Answer

Thanks folks, this was a pressie from my son. Don't know yet where he bought it from, but possibly a try for a refund in view of all that I've read...

mart7 10:54 16 Jan 14

Its just a dark film some are,ive watched it on my panny 42" an yeah its dark,just how its made

HondaMan 13:33 16 Jan 14

I think it's all down to what I call "digitalitis".

Because they no longer have to consider exposure in the same way as film, the directors are able to introduce more realistic/dramatic/mood/creative lighting into films.

We all remember films where action supposedly in the dark was filmed in daylight with a small torch doing its best to indicate darkness. Early films HAD to be photographed in brighter conditions because he restrictive nature of film media. With digital that no longer applies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…