Quick piece of advice needed...

jimmylove 10:04 26 Sep 05

I bought an LG LCD TV from Richer Sounds 20 days ago (paid for with credit card). It is now broken (no picture at all, only sound). What are my rights as regards choosing a replacement over a repair - ideally i'd like to just take it back and with get a refund or a new replacement. Do I have to accept an offer from them to have it reparied?

Al94 10:18 26 Sep 05

No you don't. Richer usually very helpfull, take it back and ask for a replacement.

Yabadaba 10:23 26 Sep 05

I bought a Cambridge DVD recorder from them last year.I had a problem about 6 months later with the system not recording.I phoned them up and the told me to bring it back for replacement.They could not get the same model so they upgraded me to the next model and extended my extra warranty by 6 months.they also said I could have a full refund if I wanted.

jimmylove 12:50 26 Sep 05

They couldn't have been nicer - in and out with a better (and cheaper) replacement within 10 minutes. How refreshing!

961 19:20 26 Sep 05

They are like that

I've been a customer since they started, and never had a problem

The big boss (Julian) has a private e-mail address you can use if you are unhappy

stalion 19:30 26 Sep 05

good service in this day and age whatever next

spuds 22:39 26 Sep 05

I was on their special over 50's mailing list, had one newsletter then never heard any more. Is this scheme still running!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…