Quick Mesh response

CooksterC 17:29 05 Oct 04

As some of you will be aware, I have had a few 'teething' problems with my new Mesh PC, and I thought that these would all go away, when I received my sp2 cd, complete with serial ata drivers.

One problem, my system would not accept the cd. I booted up using it, and eventually, it hung when searching for previous versions of windows, part of the windows setup.

I rang Mesh support, and the phone was answered within 5 minutes by a competent engineer, who went through with me making sure I was booting from the cd, which I would expect, as there are less than competent users out there.

He then said he would arrange for an engineer to visit, with 2 new hard drives, striped etc in the way I have my current machine, which should be within the week.

Praise for Mesh. I got through to them with out any problems, the help desk person was competent, and not patronising, and I am hoping the solution will resolve my issues. First time for me was a success.

Stuartli 12:09 06 Oct 04

Makes a change not to come across a bash Mesh approach - my only experience with the company was a very pleasant one and involved little more than buying a system on behalf of a friend and installing it for her.

That was 13 months ago - the owner is now 82 - and she's never experienced any problems despite her original complete lack of knowledge about computing.

Dellman 13:00 06 Oct 04

I have just bought 2 PCs from MESH. I am very happy with the product. However, I have had problems registering these 2 machines with their Technical Support service. Yesterday I was kept waiting on their Helpline for 15mins, and then cut off. I had to redial, and when I got through after another 10mins, I was told to ring Technical Support direct (They could not patch me through). After another 10 mins waiting to get through, I was told to send another Email......I had already done this a week ago!!

So..........to smmarise...35mins waiting time....!!.....

Oh, and I still await responses to the emails!!

MESH Support 13:08 06 Oct 04

To the best of my knowledge all of the emails I received from you have been responded to.

With regards to the online help system I beleive Phil was due to contact you directly regarding registering two machines from the same order number after ascertaining what the problem is.

I will need to speak to him to receive an update but regretably he is out of the office today.

Davey

Mesh Support

Sans le Sou 13:54 06 Oct 04

Does everyone at Mesh work a one day week?

Dellman 14:27 06 Oct 04

Thanks Davey...

I await the update.

CooksterC 16:14 06 Oct 04

After being told it would be at least 3 working days before the engineer would have the parts to be able to visit my sick PC, I was suprised to hear from the engineer today.

He will be arriving tomorrow with 2 hard drives, and hopefully fix my sick PC.

This is better than I expected, I thought it would be next week. Well done Mesh

spuds 19:47 06 Oct 04

"Doe's everyone at Mesh work a one day week?". I would say not, when you look at the response time people like Davey & Co give.

CooksterC 12:38 07 Oct 04

Engineer has just been, swapped the hard drives, and everything seems to be fine.

Well done Mesh, call complete, customer satisfied, 2 days after call.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…