Quick Help need order soon in time for xmas !!

Shuri 17:32 18 Dec 10

Just wondering which to buy :

click here

click here

GaT7 17:50 18 Dec 10

Have a read of this review click here, which has both the HD5770 & GTS450 cards in its comparison charts, with several games tested. The performance summary at click here, has the HD5770 slightly ahead overall at all resolutions. G

So, it may come down to what motherboard you have, so tell us its make & model. E..g. if you have a Crossfire-capable board, then the HD5770 would make better sense. And if it's SLI-capable, the GTS 450 will be a better option.

Also tell us the make & model of your power supply (PSU), or its power wattage. I'm just being cautious to confirm that your PSU is up to the job of running either of those GPUs. G

robertmonkford 18:23 18 Dec 10

I love the Ati cards, never encountered any problems with them other than a driver issue (but that was down to me downloading the wrong driver for the wrong card.....I was preoccupied having an argument at the time with my gf........ but it was easy to resolve. The driver problem that is.

Biased as I am, I would go for the 5770; I have the 5870 in my machine and it runs great. A guy I work with used to always go for Nvidia, then he bought his machine from W2F which came complete with two 4870 Ati cards in crossfire mode. He's now an Ati convert lol.

Crossbow7 is right though especially about the motherboard and power supply.

Shuri 19:28 18 Dec 10

Packard bell BV Cuba-MS 7301

psu im buyin a cheap colours it 500 watt i think it has 80+ not sure tho click here

robertmonkford 21:14 18 Dec 10

I don't know anything about Colours PSUs, when it comes to PSU's I tend to stick with CoolerMaster, Corsair or sometimes OCZ or maybe Xigmatek. I have tried cheaper brands but found them to be very unreliable.

Although I don't know all the ins and outs of that specific motherboard (I think it's an MSI model but I'm not sure), I'd say the safer option is likely to be the ATI card.

GaT7 21:51 18 Dec 10

Like robertmonkford suggests, better to get a quality branded PSU than the one you're thinking of going for. If it has to be from Scan, have a look at their TodayOnly section (for a bit of a discount) click here: any of those makes will be OK except for the Colours IT, EZcool, Powercool & Storm ones. And get one with at least one dedicated 6/6+2pin PCI-E connector.

Right, your PC is likely to have only one PCI-E slot, so Crossfire/SLI are out of the question.

I couldn't find much info about that particular PB PC case, but as long as it's not a slim-type or low-profile case, either of those GPUs will be suitable. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…