Quick graphics card Q

Bailey08787 10:50 01 Nov 06

I have a Nvidia 6600GT

I would like to upgrade, but spend only about £50

Should I:

a) Buy another 6600GT and run in SLI mode with existing card

b) Sell current 6600GT and put towards spending about £80-£90 on better card (ie a 7600)

c) Recognise that I only tend to play Pro Evolution Soccer 6 most of the time, and that the benefits of an additional / new card would be minimal / not worth spending extra money on

thanks

donki 11:35 01 Nov 06

Sell urs swap to a 7800GT, u can get one for around £120 MONSTER card for the MONEY :)

Bailey08787 11:37 01 Nov 06

so is the general story 'one better card alone is better than two inferior cards in SLI mode'?

freaky 15:46 01 Nov 06

I also have a 6600GT with 256MB memory. I find it to be an excellent card and performs OK with all the games I play.

If it does what you want, then I see no point in replacing it.

Totally-braindead 16:06 01 Nov 06

I have SLI but haven't tried it. My idea was when I started to have problems I would buy a second card the same as I have and use the SLI. But as I haven't had to do it yet I cannot say how well it works.
There are some articles on SLI here click here which you can read if you wish and you could also have a look at their interactive charts which will hopefully list the 6600GT in SLI made and you can compare them to some other card on its own(if its up to date) click here

Totally-braindead 17:09 01 Nov 06

I did have a glance at the charts and it does now have the 6600GT and the 6600GT SLI so you can see what difference it makes yourself.
I had a look at my 7600GS versus the 7600GS SLI and for some of the tests there was hardly any difference, some there was a fair bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…