question for forum editor

mobileman1953 17:17 25 Mar 09

running vista downloaded ie8 everything fine , only when using this site i have to run it in compatiblity mode , is this because this site is not compatible with ie8

Forum Editor 17:43 25 Mar 09

Our site is compatible with IE8 - I'm using it myself, as are many other forum members.

Why do you feel you have to run in compatibility mode?

mobileman1953 18:47 25 Mar 09

if i dont run in compatibilty mode screen goes blue for about ten seconds then page loads ok

MAJ 18:53 25 Mar 09

"screen goes blue for about ten seconds then page loads ok"

Same here in IE8 and Chrome.

mobileman1953 18:55 25 Mar 09

also noticed pc advisor site has the compatibility mode icon on the address bar , not noticed this on other sites i visit

Covergirl 19:19 25 Mar 09

Same symptoms as above.

100andthirty 20:53 25 Mar 09

It works better in compatibility mode on IE8 for me too. No other site I use have this issue

spuds 22:36 25 Mar 09

Upgraded to IE8 and had similar blue screen problem. Now having to us compatibility mode on this website.

The same applies when using Google Chrome on this website.

Spark6 23:28 25 Mar 09

Revert to IE7.0 until 8 is sorted. Not worth worrying about.

DieSse 23:59 25 Mar 09

I use (in fact using it now) Chrome, and the site runs perfectly normal - nice and quickly in fact with Chrome.

Forum Editor 00:00 26 Mar 09

I also experience e the blue screen flash in IE 8, but it hasn't concerned me - it's there for a second or so, and doesn't interfere with my use of the site.

Development work on the PCA site has to take its place in a queue - we operate many other sites, and the development team work on them in strict rotation. We'll deal with this minor glitch when out turn comes around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…