question about screens...

desired 21:28 12 Feb 05

I'm doing some research into buying a new screen for my computer and was thinking about whether to get an lcd tv/monitor or a tft monitor.

A person at work told me that a tft monitor is the same as a lcd tv/monitor, except for the fact that with the lcd tv/monitor you can watch tv without needing the pc switching on (& having a tv card). Is this true? Also in the descriptions of tft monitors they sometimes mention the lcd screen. I'm really confused. I thought tft monitors and lcd tv/monitors were different.

Can someone please help me out and clarify this for me?

Many thanks in advance.

Danny

Kansenji 21:47 12 Feb 05

I think you friend is correct. An LCD/TV monitor is a normal monitor with additional television circuitry added (you need a TV licence to use it!). I recently bought a Sony Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) monitor, & am very pleased with it. I wouldn't dream of willingly going back to a conventional CRT monitor.

Besides giving very vivid colours & having flat screens, LCD's are much slimmer (depth), use a lot less electricity and thus a lot less heat.

Happy buying!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…