Purchase Comments/Advise

onokeck 11:53 16 Nov 04

I initially put this in the Helproom Forum.My error was pointed out, so here goes again:

I am about ready to replace my 5 year old Evesham and have come to the conclusion that the best deal (for my needs) is the Mesh M550 PCI-X with Pentium 4, 1024Mb DDR memory, 250Gb HD, 19" TFT, and other 'bells & whistles'. I'm not too concerned about graphics as I do not and have no intention of playing games! I would dearly love to have remained with an Evesham, but cannot match the specs £ for £. The Mesh set up (inc an optional floppy)inc vat/delivery is £1056. Anyone who can comment on the Mesh or offer a reasonable alternative? Thanks for your replies. Casey

TomJerry 12:54 16 Nov 04

personally, I do not like PC from all big box shifters because they are TOO noisey. Some of them just like jet engine.

With that money, I would build very quiet one using special components.

This is only me of course, all my PCs are very quiet, even quieter than laptops.

pj123 17:12 16 Nov 04

Yes, I agree with TomJerry the big box shifters don't appear to give any aftercare.

Better to find a small company who will build to your specifications.

Have a go here, click here or here click here

These are just two but there are plenty more who will give you a good personal service.

Chris..b 17:21 16 Nov 04

Try dell ive had no problems and they are custom built...and cheap

961 19:27 16 Nov 04

Tell what you are going to use the computer for

If you are not going to play games I don't think you need to spend anything like £1000

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…