PTI Europe refund & recharge

bstb3 14:01 31 Mar 08

Recently noticed some entries in my bank statement from a business called PTI Europe. As the values corresponded to some recent Amazon orders paid by debit card I assumed that it was the billing 'vendor' used by Amazon. It transpires that this is the case, however subsequently (1 week later) they have refunded the full values to my account, again under the name PTI Europe. This appears to be as a result of an IT error that meant the true merchant name (Amazon in this case, but other businesses are affected too) wasn't listed against transactions. To correct this, PTI refunded all the transactions, with the aim of rebilling them again with the correct information displayed (havent had the rebill yet).

The question I have is, at what point do merchants no longer have access or permission to charge / refund your account when using debit cards? I dont like the idea that they can refund and rebill at their discretion when I had only given them my permission to make the original charge.

premier man 16:50 31 Mar 08

Last week I had a similar experience,in my case it was for £21.99 same as AOL Broadband,which was due at same time,it was refunded the following day,
but so far AOL has`nt taken out their money.
Coincident???

Curio 19:05 31 Mar 08

Had exactly the same last week, two transactions made with Amazon resulted in duplicate charges by PTI Europe. Re-credited within a week. Odd but fortunately sorted out before I checked my Credit Card bill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now