Proview 15" TFT Monitor: I like it lots:

JGAULD 20:24 11 Jan 03
  JGAULD 20:24 11 Jan 03

Hello,
I got my grubby hands on my new monitor today, a Proview 15" TFT Monitor Model CY-565.
It replaced my CRT 17" Gateway EV700 (ebay here I come) which is still working just fine over 2 years after purchase, but I was in need of more space and the recent drop in price tempted me to upgrade to this slimer TFT model.

It was very simple to set up, the only problem was the power lead and the speaker lead are fitted way up underneath the screen itself between the base and were a tad tricky to fit.

I have carefully checked for sign's of dud pixels and am pleased to say I can find none :) I'm impressed by how bright and crisp the display is, that was the only gripe I had with the EV700, it was way to dark, playing CM2 was like driving on the motorway at 100mph after midnight with just your side lights on!!!

So positives are:
Nice clear bright display.
Built in speakers. (though not very loud, ok for surfing use)
Very easy to set up, with good instructions.
Huge desktop space saving. (for important things like ashtrays and beer glasses)
Good well laid out Display option controls with OSD.
Keanly priced: £189.99 From Currys.

Negatives:
Tricky to plug in the power and sound leads.
Only 12 month warranty, but Proview do prommise to replace a faulty screen within 72hrs.
I can't think of any others? must be a good sign.

To sum up, having read up on this type of monitor before purchasing I'm happy with my purchase, I was going to buy one from Lidl (they had one at a similar price) but I missed out on them as they were gone in under 1 hour! I shopped around online and could not find a lower price than this. (I may regret saying that:)

The sales staff at Currys knew there stuff (for once) and the only worry I had was that I was not able to demo the actual screen as they had to order it in from the warehouse, but I was offered the chance to try it in the store today on collection if I wanted (which was nice) but I declined.

Anyone else thinking of going the TFT way could do worse than choose this model, as long as your not wanting to run games at huge res' you will be just fine, the max res' on this model and most other 15" TFT is 1024 by 768, if you want to pay more and go bigger you can, but most experts say for gamers/graphic design CRT is still the best.
Cheer's. J.

Djohn 01:11 12 Jan 03

Congratulations with you new monitor, they do get a decent write-up, and the ones I've seen have been excellent, Enjoy!.. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…