PROTX

Bald Eagle 20:48 03 Jan 09

Anyone used these for secure online payments? I was trying to buy some carbon monoxide gas for testing my CO monitors when this company was presented for secure payment. Padlock and certificates ok but when I clicked the submit button to pay it hung up for about 15 minutes (half a green bar) then the page disappeared altogether. I've emailed the company I was trying to buy off telling them that they've lost an order and left it to them to contact PROTX.
BE

GaT7 21:41 03 Jan 09

So, you're positive the order didn't go through? Did you receive an 'order was successful' email &/or check your online account at this company to view the order status. Have you checked your online bank/credit card statement to see if the money was taken (though some companies will only take the money when the goods are shipped)?

I've had a look at them in the past (can't remember what for). They're a legit company that handles secure credit card, etc payments on behalf of online companies. They're very similar to the well-known WorldPay click here I should imagine (& appear to be preferred over the later - in this forum discussion anyway click here!). G

Bald Eagle 22:17 03 Jan 09

That's the problem, no order confirmation, no emails or anything. I just assume that the site crashed or something so I'm waiting to hear from the vendor. I only asked the question because after years of internet buying I've never heard of them.
BE

Bald Eagle 22:24 03 Jan 09

By the way thanks for the discussion forum link.
BE

€dstowe 07:30 04 Jan 09

PROTX relies on Flash or Java (can't remember which) to operate properly. If you have a blocker or NoScript installed, these will prevent PROTX completing the transaction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac