Programmes to combat mal-ware

greenday 14:06 19 Nov 04

My daughters computer suffers from mal-ware in droves. Ad-aware SE personal is installed and deals effectively but trojans have got through and necessitated system wipe and restart twice. Has anyone experience with Adaware SE plus? as I am thinking of upgrading to get more security(and save me hours wiping and reloading her computer!)

Stuartli 14:46 19 Nov 04

Perhaps you had better read up on the subject first:

click here

Then make sure you have an anti-virus utility such as AVG7 and regularly update it; Search and Destroy 1.3 will complement Ad-Aware SE Personal, again update regularly.

If you need to get rid of Trojans go to click here or similar AV company - details of how to get rid of various nasties are provided as quickly as possible.

spuds 18:41 19 Nov 04

Download a2 free click here Make sure you download the free version at bottom of page, unless you want a2 personal and pay for it.

You could also try Stinger.Perhaps someone can supply the download link as I seem to have lost it.

greenday 20:24 19 Nov 04

Thanks Stuart and Spuds. have saved doc on trojans for perusal. will try one of other progs-Adaware seems to be having problems deleting some malware e.g. bargain buddy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…