Processor or Graphics Card?

Clueless4 16:15 25 Dec 14

Hi. Happy Christmas :D

I would be grateful for any help, anyone could offer me, thanks :)

When using Netflix, or BT Sports online streams I am nearly always surfing other websites in a separate window. Which can often bring my PC to a grinding halt, its a 64bit, AMD ATHLON 2 Dual Core M300 - 2GHZ, with 3GB RAM. Running Windows 7.

When watching Netflix I usually open another window, to check emails etc.

I also often follow the football in one window and have a separate window open following the betting markets. Due to frequent problems with the online betting sites I often use a screen recorder called CamStudio to record the betting page as Im placing bets.

I also do a little music writing through the PC and create -very amateur! -music videos, using screen recordings made with CamStudio, which I then edit and merge with other recordings made in the same way. (I know there is professional stuff out there, but its not a serious thing, so I just use this free bit of software I found online).

Im not at all sure if its a processor thats doing most of these types of jobs, or a graphics card, so Im not sure where to put most of my money when buying a new PC ?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks again :)

Clueless4 16:17 25 Dec 14

Meant to add that at the moment any HD streams knock my laptop haywire and this is something else I would like to be able to do on my new PC.

Clueless4 16:46 17 Mar 15

Bump :(

wee eddie 21:08 17 Mar 15

I wish I could multitask like that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced