Problems trying to change ISP to Tesco

Totally-braindead 17:02 07 May 05

I'm at present with Tiscali and due to some problems they have I'm still paying £19.99 for the £15.99 service, they can't upgrade me and won't answer when I ask them to reduce my payments so I looked about and decided to try Tesco.
Now Tesco inform me I cannot go to them because there is another service on my phone line which will conflict. So I phoned them and said I wanted to cancel my BB with Tiscali and go to them and they said they were sorry but they didn't do migration from one ISP to another. I said if I cancelled Tiscali first could I then sign up for Tesco, no problem they said. Unfortunatly there is a problem and I'm looking for some advice here. I have seen a few posts in this Forum about people having problems cancelling their Tiscali connection and obviously I don't want to be without my broadband for any length of time. If I do cancel I'm worried that Tiscali will drag their heels and Tesco will be unable to set up the account until Tiscali are off the line. So I'm back looking for an ISP who will allow me to migrate from Tiscali so I'm not left without my BB. Anyone any recommendations or suggestions?

From experience the ISP have to release your phone line they can hold on to it if you are on a contract with them.
So firstly check that Tiscali will release your line to another ISP as this costs tiscali to upgrade your line so you may have to wait till they release the line

From experience the ISP have to release your phone line they can hold on to it if you are on a contract with them.
So firstly check that Tiscali will release your line to another ISP as this costs tiscali to upgrade your line so you may have to wait till they release the line

TomJerry 19:41 08 May 05

If NOT, nothing you can do unless you want to pay all 12 month due to Tiscali.

There are many ISP do free migration, for example, plusnet click here

the reason of Tesco not taking your migration is because it use different service. Most ISPs such as Tiscali use IPstream, but some ISPs such as Tesco use Datastream.

Totally-braindead 19:45 09 May 05

TomJerry thanks for that, yes I've completed the 12 months I'm away to look at Plusnet and see what they've got to offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…