Problems with Tiscali boradband

fmb43 19:30 02 Aug 03

Is anyone else having problems connecting to Tiscali broadband?
I haven't been able to connect for over a week - and despite about seven calls to the helpdesk and several emails, they seem unable to tell me what the problem is and when it will be resolved. Each time I am told to wait between 24 and 48 hours before trying again.
I have checked everything at this end - even rebuilding the PC and getting a BT engineer to resolve a small problem with a noisy phone line.
I'm feeling frustrated as I am paying for a non-existent service.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:44 02 Aug 03

Okay here. I would suspect that it is something to do with your computer. Have you deleted the ADSL modem and re-installed the drivers?

fmb43 19:50 02 Aug 03

I have uninstalled the modem and software and reinstalled it several times, and rebuilt the PC. I have checked all the internet options - the helpdesk have gone through them several times with me - and everything seems to be in order

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:08 02 Aug 03

Try switching the 'modem to socket' lead for another. I don't think that the problem is with Tiscali though, if you have access to a laptop you could use that to see if the modem is OK. If the laptop works OK then there is a problem with your computer.

fmb43 20:23 02 Aug 03

The modem and connection worked fine for the first month on line - then surprisingly just as my first payment was made it all went pear shaped.
Looking at the Tiscali forums - its seems many people are experiencing the same problems.
But I am frustrated that I am not getting any answers in terms of what the problem is or when it will be resolved.
I constantly get error 721 remote computer did not respond

antoni34 22:45 02 Aug 03

Mine works perfectly and has done since it was installed (by me)

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:45 02 Aug 03
  fmb43 19:05 04 Aug 03

I still have no connection - day 11 without. Rang the helpdesk today (again) and they advised my that it is because my phone line has been enabled for 512mbps or kbps(?) instead of 256.
I can't understand how, if that is the case, I managed to get uninterrupted service for the first month or so!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…