Problems with Orange Broadband and outlook

annoyedoptimist 15:35 07 Dec 06

Hi
I use Orange broadband(formerly Wanadoo) and buy my web space and email addresses from another company.From last week I was unable to receive my emails to Microsoft Outlook(NEVER had a problem before).
The company who I buy my webspace from were extremely helpful but state the issue is with Orange.Has anyone else had similar problems?I've called Orange technical support,very unhelpful,unclear phone line and "don't really care" attitude.
Any advice from others would be really appreciated.

Teaboy 17:35 07 Dec 06

I too am with orange and I too use Outlook. When Orange took over from Wannado I had difficulty in messaging Outlook, both sending and receiving mail. I went back to Outlook express, set it up as my email agent, then selected Outlook and made it the default. It worked!

at the time of outlook failure I phoned Orange, and was told that Orange did not support Outlook, for what that is worth.

I am using it all the time now.

annoyedoptimist 12:36 18 Dec 06

Thank you,it turned out to be related to a spam filter I had paid for from my webspace provider and I can now read emails in Outlook having changed the settings.Complicated stuff for a novice but I've learnt something new.Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos